Saturday, June 4, 2011

Raymee's Kindergarten Graduation!

Raymee's Friday class held a graduation ceremony last Friday. What fun to see how much these kids have grown through the year! They each had to dress like "what they want to be when they grow up." Raymee dressed up like an artist.










Watching her up there with all those other kids got me to reflecting on this past year. We ventured into our first year of homeschooling. I walked into it with trepidation. How was I going to be able to do this? With a 3 year old and a baby as well? Seriously? Did God really think this would be a good idea? Well, turns out that once again....God knows us each personally and knows what is best for us. Not only did Raymee grow and learn this year....but so did I. We definitely had our ups and downs....but once we hit our groove, we had SO much fun. I remember the science experiments, the math games, the light in her eyes when she read her first book all on her own. What wonderful moments I will cherish.

I'm so grateful for the friends she's made (and the ones I've made)! God definitely provided many partners and support along the way. It was not a lonely journey!

Also, so grateful for her Kindergarten teacher! Mrs. Nelkin and her family will be leaving soon to be career missionaries in the Ukraine.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Raymee - Aunt Nicole & Uncle Eric are soo so proud of you! I had no doubt that your mom was going to teach you amazing things! I hope you remember this graduation forever.. I still remember mine. :) We love you!!!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

You rock, Damara and Raymee. You are a great team! I love this!

Gloria said...

Way to go Raymee and Damara, congrats on finishing kindergarten. You've got a great teacher Raymee!